SCHOOL FIELD TRIPS
Strataca is the perfect experience for your class or youth group. We provide multiple options to accomodate your needs – read below to learn more, or contact us if you’re ready to book your field trip.
or fill out the form:
Gallery & Dark Ride
An educational guided tour that includes the geology & history of the Salt Mine, including a 30 Minute guided Dark Ride through an area that was mined out in the 1940’s. Plus, a stop along the way to pick out a souvenir piece of salt to take home!
A guided tour that includes the geology & history of the Salt Mine, a dark walk behind the scenes, a close up learning experience of past miner’s day to day operations. Perfect for classes learning about geology in their curriculum. Plus, a souvenir piece of Salt to take home!
Self-guided, self-paced, Salt Blast Pass Tour. Includes the Gallery, 15 Minute Train ride through an area that was once a miner’s breakroom, on rails and ties once used in the mine, a 30-minute dark ride through an area that was mined out in the 1940’s. Plus, a stop along the way to pick out a souvenir piece of salt to take home!
THINGS TO NOTE:
- All School/Youth groups must book their reservation at least 2 weeks in advance, permitted there is availability.
- Upon booking contracts will be emailed. Contracts must be reviewed, signed and returned within 2 weeks after booking to reserve the tour times. If contracts are not received within that time period, the tour will be canceled.
- All School/Youth groups must check in 20 minutes prior to their first tour time.
- Tours depart every 20 minutes
- Tours hold 30 people
- Full payment is due upon arrival by one person/school, by cash, check or debit/credit card.
- No outside food or drinks allowed in the salt mine. Outdoor picnic tables are available, weather permitting.
- No cell phones for students.
- Upon going on the tour if you find a student is unable/not willing to go underground (this does happen) one chaperone will need to stay topside with the child. We do not force anyone to go on the tour that is unwilling to.
- At this time masks are required on the hoist. This is subject to change.