Safari Shuttle Now OpenPosted on June 2nd, 2015
The Safari Shuttle is brand new! The Shuttle experience is a one hour trip that goes into some areas that are included in the 3-hour Salt Safari hike and some new ones that aren’t. The trip lasts about an hour and it gives you a chance to go out into the raw mine. That’s something all the employees love – going into the raw mine. The great thing is that you don’t have to walk!
Our first Shuttle Guests were Bradley Smith & his daughter, Tiffany, from Fort Riley, Kansas. They both agreed that picking a souvenir rock in the Shuttle was more fun as the area was larger to choose from. Tiffany liked having a light that she controlled looking at what she wanted to see. They thought an hour was the perfect amount of time! Thanks for visiting, Bradley and Tiffany! Thanks to Myron for capturing the moment!
You haven’t really seen Strataca until you experience the Safari Shuttle!
Some details for your visit:
- Must be 10 years old for the Shuttle and ages 10-12 must be accompanied by an adult 18+.
- No walking or hiking required. However, there is NO restroom access for the 1 hour trip. GO BEFORE YOU GO!
- The Safari Shuttle cannot accommodate wheelchairs or scooters. Visitors must be able to get on an off the tram without them.
- There are only 12 seats available for each Shuttle departure.
- Visitors cannot return topside prior to their Shuttle time or between Adventure Rides and then return underground.
- Shuttle tickets are non-refundable the day of the Shuttle departure due to the limited capacity.
- The Safari Shuttle is for the adventurer who wants more AND has the additional time to commit.
- Age restrictions were set based on attention span and interest in the information shared during the Shuttle trip.