Hunt for Red Rock-toberPosted on August 19th, 2015
The sixth annual Hunt for Red Rock-tober is Saturday, October 3, 2015. Join staff members on an excursion to some of their favorite rock piles. You’ll be able to gather unique and colorful salt rocks for your personal collection. Along the way you’ll see some amazing formations and geological wonders only a few have seen. It’s from 3 – 5:30 p.m. and is $25 per person.
You can register online at http://underkansas.org/event-registration/?ee=153, or by calling 620-662-1425 or 866-755-3450.
Some things to remember are below. Be sure to share this with all members of your group if you make reservations for more than just yourself.
• Check in time is 2:45-3:00 pm before orientation starts. If you miss the boat, the boat sails without you and doesn’t come back later to get you.
• All participants must be 10 years old. Age 10-17 requires an adult 21+. Limit 2 teenagers per adult.
• Tennis shoes or hiking shoes are required! So are LONG pants! (not tights)
• You must bring a good flashlight! Gloves are recommended.
• Cameras welcome, but no video.
• Bring your OWN BUCKET — limit one per person. No larger than 5 gallons and with a handle.
• You must be able to walk on uneven and unlit terrain, and either you (or a friend) must be able to carry your own bucket. (Salt is heavy!)
• There are no bathrooms available for 2 hours. Snacks and drinks are not allowed. We will provide a small bottled water.