Tour de Salt
A unique opportunity to bicycle over salty terrain in an active salt mine located 650 feet under the Kansas prairie. The only Ride of it’s kind in North America!
Riders must check in 30 minutes prior to their Bike Ride Time. Late arrivals are not guaranteed to participate. There are no refunds for this event.
Bike – Mountain, Fat Tire, Fitness and Hybrid bikes would be suitable
Helmet – All riders must wear a bicycle helmet (ANSI or Snell Certified) at ALL times while in the mine
Light – Handlebar or helmet mounted light with a 1-hour run time, Please no tail lights
– Registration begins June 1st at bikereg.com/tour-de-salt2017
– Early registration is $95.00 plus tax (thru August 14th)
– On and after August 15th, the cost is $110.00 plus tax (unless sold out)
– Rides are scheduled every 15 minutes from 8:00am until 12:00pm
– Cost includes the adventure ride, a custom bike jersey and a chance to win a Fat Tire Bike
Riders participating in Tour de Salt 2015 – Photo by Jajo
This is an Adventure Ride – not a timed or distance race. For those familiar with IMBA Train Difficulty Rating System, the route would be classified as a Green Circle “Easy”.
The temperature underground is always 68 degrees so dress accordingly.
Thank you for registering for our annual Tour de Salt. We are looking forward to seeing you in October!
- Tour de Salt
October 14, 2017
8:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Register for your time slot at: http://bikereg.com/tour-de-salt2016