Strataca offers overnight experiences for scouts that have become extremely popular! Visiting troops will make memories to remember forever at either one of our TWO unique and different underground camping options.
Overnight Underground – Scouts learn about Strataca’s environment from a unique perspective and then camp overnight in the mine.
Merit Badge Overnight – Scouts have the same experience as those at the Overnight Underground but with a few additional perks. They will not just have the memories from an unforgettable camping experience, by the time they leave they will also have completed all the requirements to earn either the Geology merit badge, the Mining in Society merit badge, or both!
- Scouts must be 10-18 years of age.
- Minimum number of participants for any overnight is 50, maximum is 100. (Interested troops are combined to reach min./max. number.)
- There is limited chaperone space — no more than 1 adult for every 4 scouts.
- Troops must check in on Saturday afternoon/early evening (depending on the chosen Adventure) and are released on Sunday at 7:00am.
- Packing instructions, required equipment, and arrival times will be sent to the Scout Master who makes the reservations.
- Cost for Overnight Underground is $50 per person and includes a meal.
- Cost for Merit Badge Overnight is $75 per scout and $60 per adult chaperone. (Includes an evening meal of pizza.)
- Cost for DOUBLE Merit Badge Overnight is $90 per scout and $60 per adult chaperone. (Includes an evening meal of pizza.)
Fall/Winter 2017-18 Scout Overnight Dates:
- December 09, 2017 – 2:00pm report time – Double Merit (Geology & Mining)
- January 06, 2018 – 4:oopm report time – Mining Merit
- January 20, 2018 – 2:00pm report time – Double Merit (Geology & Mining)
- January 27, 2018 – 5:00pm report time – Overnight
- February 03, 2018 – 4:oopm report time – Mining Merit
- February 10, 2018 – 5:00pm report time – Overnight
- February 24, 2018 – 2:00pm report time – Double Merit (Geology & Mining)
For reservations call Strataca at 620-662-1425 or 866-755-3450.